Saturday, March 15, 2008

Quick note, more to come

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still alive. My schoolwork is going pretty well -- I should have some time to make a bigger, more detailed post tomorrow.

If you've been following the hype about the recent MLB exhibition game in Beijing, well, don't believe too much of it. Sure, the fact that the stadium sold out is a plus, but there were only about 12,000 fans there. From the videos I've seen, it looks like around half of them were American. And, to top it off, the Xinhua news agency did not have a single article about the game posted on their website today -- not even a note. I'm afraid that we'll have to wait quite a while before baseball becomes anything big in mainland China.

On that note, I think MLB should try an exhibition game or two in Taiwan.

Anyway, more to come.

No comments: